Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lent - n - things

Woke up early on Thursday and cooked breakfast (for myself, it turned out. Jeff and Annie preferred cereal and frozen mini-pancakes), transferred the clothes from the washer to the dryer, showered... it was the perfect start to my Lenten "sacrifice." I'm lazy. Okay, not necessarily lazy, but I do like my sleep. A lot. And that is to stop. Starting this Lent. (I mean, not the sleeping part, but the going to bed late and sleeping late thing.)

Went to the gym last night. Ran on the eliptical for 30 minutes (Jeff came too, and he set the time length. He's a trooper, and he helps keep me going), and cycled for about 10. Lenten promise #2 started nicely.

I'm doing okay. I'm still not eating like I will be, but okay thus far. Yay for Lent! Yay for prayerfully checking myself befo' wrecking myself!

And on a sort-of self-indulgent note:
I've got a heel spur (flip-flop disease, according to internet doctors). Possibly. It hurts to walk in the morning and at night. Bad. I limp, and I feel ridiculous... like I'm 90 or something. Ouch! I bought Icy Hot to put on it, then I stunk all day.


We miss those cousins (and their parents) like CRAZY! Can't wait to see them again!


I need an art release. I feel like painting EVERYTHING. Maybe I'll add that to my Lenten list... Paint. Make time to paint. I'm going to paint something and post it by, um, Tuesday. Yes, Tuesday. Hold me to it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on doing good things, keep it up! And I'll be checking in on Tuesday to see your painting, so if you haven't started it yet, you better get busy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete