Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Break, Lent, and Promise

Spring break has begun! I get to say that, because I actually get "spring break." Now that I'm teaching (pre-school at Slaton's lil Catholic school), it's like being back in school again. Late February, the itch began, and now that it's here, I couldn't be more excited! Nine full days of rest, relaxing, and Lenten promises upheld! I've decided that since New Years resolutions never really work for me, Lent will become my "new year." Forty days of preparing for a life changing event, leading into a life changing year. Sounds perfect to me!

Lenten promise #1: Serious decrease in sugar intake. I'm not going to say I'm "giving up" sugar, because my body needs to keep a few carbs a day, but no sweets, no breads, very little other carb foods, no sodas, etc. I'm doing this because I love sugar, and, in the deprived state, it leads me to prayer. Sure, the prayer may start with "Lord, please give me sugar," but it inevitably leads to a deeper conversation with the good and gracious God.

Lenten promise #2: Pray more. Noted, and doing better day by day.

Lenten promise #3: Take full advantage of time off, starting with Spring Break. Monday is my first day back to the gym (if I can breathe... I'm thinking my bronchitis is turning to pneumonia, but I'm going to give it my all, either way), and I'm kicking out projects left and right. I also have HUGE plans of spring cleaning and house gutting. I've got empty tubs and trash bags ready to be filled, and I've already started the tremendous task. I'm actually looking forward to it!

Lenten promise #4: USE MY TALENT! Crafts are calling, and I must answer. A part of me is missing without doing something crafty, and I feel the void. I started today, and it feels great! I was going to start a blog called "When I Stopped Procrastinating and Actually Started Doing Things I've Been Wanting to Do FOREVER", but the title was too long, and, well, I have a perfectly cute blog right here. I believe, if I'm successful at this umpteenth blog attempt, it will become my craft blog. I'm hoping I'll actually keep up with a blog this time, which leads me to

Lenten promise #5: Return to blogging (in the evening, instead of watching mindless, after 10 pm television). I feel great doing it. I miss writing. I think I need the outlet, and I miss the clicking of keys.

So, here is to yet ANOTHER attempt at Smiling Eyes and Fireflies. :) Peaceful Lent to you!


Dum spiro, spero,
Jai

2 comments:

  1. #1 - recent, ahem, life things may require you to just eat a healthy, balanced diet. This doesn't mean you need cake and soda, but I would say you're okay with some whole grain english muffins or something....

    #2 - you and me both!

    #3 - House gutting will serve as your exercise if you aren't able to make it to the gym. Instead of "wax on, wax off" just scrub your walls and floors instead!

    #4 - I can't wait to see everything and am so excited you're going to be crafting and blogging. You do need the outlet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back, too...and it might be the kick in the backside I needed to get re-motivated about my own blog...and blog-stalking. Excited to see the crafty stuff!

    ReplyDelete