Saturday, March 12, 2011

No more procrastinate! Tomorrow is too late!

My new motto? Nah, but it's a pretty good chant. I had to run it through my head a few times today (and, not to lie, a couple times out loud).

Let the crafts begin! I started Spring Break with a list of projects in mind. I'm not going to write them down, just going to wing it for now, but I'm excited that I've already gotten a couple things done. And it's just day one!

Project 1: Aidan's name for his room. I mean, he IS fifteen months already. Are you kidding me?!
It turned out cute. I got some cheap cardboard letters from Hobby Lobby (while they were on sale for half-off, of course), some really cute scrapbook paper, and some mod podge. I decoupaged the paper onto his name, leaving the cute paper full (A, D, N), and ripping and pasting the checkered papers to the I and second A. Got some "velcro" Command strips to hang them, because they're so light, and they look so cute above his crib! Total project time: approximately 30 minutes (how stupid that I put off such a short project for so long!).













(Sorry for the blurry photo. My camera is in SERIOUS need of upgrade. "A" is cute little dinosaurs, "D" is robots and rockets and outer space, and "N" is planes, trains, and automobiles. :)


Project 2: A friend is having a baby soon, very soon, and I needed a cute gift to add to the package of diapers for her diaper "sprinkle" tomorrow. (Not a shower because it's her 5th baby - all boys! - but we loooove throwing parties around here, and think EVERY baby deserves a little something!)

I started with an 8 X 10 canvas (small, but all I had on hand) that I'd already painted blue a while back. I decoupaged paper left over from Aidan's name onto the canvas...




















Again, sorry for the poor quality. It's night out there, and my kitchen lighting + camera = foul. Then I decided it needed a little something extra. I was going to put a big "L" on it, for the new baby's name (Levi), but decided that since he has 4 brothers, and several of them will share a room, that wouldn't be quite fair. So, instead I painted on their last name. It turned out pretty cute, but I'm torn with the layout of the name. I think names like this are hard to read, and I'm not quite sure why I did that. Meh, too late. And I know she'll like it either way. :)




















More to come tomorrow. I promised my little Annie that we'd do her name, next. She's only been waiting 6 years for it. :)

Dum spiro, spero,
Jai

1 comment:

  1. Yesssssssssssssssssss! I've been patiently waiting your return!

    (And I totally think you can put your classroom pictures up here... I think that counts as a crafty project!)

    ReplyDelete