Monday, March 2, 2009

I <3 Savers

Savers is fun. I mean, what could be better than digging through other peoples' trash and finding personal treasures? For, like, three dollars at that? (Actually, because Savers is the "department store" of thrifts, it's actually a little pricy, but still WAY cheaper than the new stuff... and it's recycling, so hey)

Jeff found a really nice pair of jeans that we call "a tribute to auntie bee." Annie really enjoyed them, too, as you can tell by her awed gaze.
Photobucket

I then found a pair of hot crinkly red pants (and these things made some NOISE!), and a matador-esque sequin jacket. I thought it looked quite nice. They even still had their tags, which was a SUR-PRISE to me.
Photobucket
(The hat is Jeff's)

But I think the pinnacle of the shopping experience was this hot one-piece sequin short-set. I don't know what it was about it. It had a certain, oh, jene se quoi....
Photobucket

Unfortunately, we didn't purchase any of these items. We did get a couple really great things, including this Texas Tech cheerleading suit for Annie (a whopping $5, about $45 less than they're sold for in stores)
Photobucket
(Those are my shoes. I've never worn them, because they hurt, but she loves them. They were actually a Goodwill find, brand new)

All in all, it was a fabulous way to spend our Saturday morning, and get Jeff a couple pair of work jeans while we were at it. :)
Love!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I <3 Annie's POSE in the Tech cheer outfit! ROCKIN' it! (BTW, I NEVER use the <3 symbol thingy...only for this post...only for YOU!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHAHAHA! These pictures are amazing! What a fun thing to do! Next time I'm in town and you ask me what I want to do, remind me that I do NOT want to go to one of the smoky bars, I want to go to Savers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my...and I'm serious here: You really should have acquired those yellow and black pants for Jeff and the red crinklies for Jessica. (We'll make a contribution, if necessary.) They're perfect for your new assignment as Loyalty BBQ hosts! (The hat, of course, is a Honey Behnke throwback and, as such, a blessing to behold.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Dad--esp. the pants for Jeff. And I think you would smash all profiling of you if you wore that blue embroidered jacket...really! You have lots of panache!

    ReplyDelete